Monday, March 17, 2014

THE DEAD GAME -- DAY 94








































Oasis, Florida is beautiful during the day.
As night falls, evil descends upon the town.

Linda was eating breakfast with Todd the next morning. She asked him, “Would you like to join Shana and me when we visit Charles Wolf?”
“Why on earth would you visit him? I don’t think it’s safe for you to go there!” said Todd, his dark eyes flashing at her.
“Don’t be angry…that’s why we’re asking you to come along with us. His name came up when we’d conducted a search of End House on the internet. He sits on the Board of Directors of a holding company that owns the house.”
”I’ve never liked or trusted Wolf, but I’ll come with you. Never go anywhere like that without me! Promise me!”
“I promise. Can we go right after breakfast and bring Shana with us?”
“Of course, I’ll do whatever you want; just as long that I know that you’re safe. Sam won’t be able to join us today, but I’ll inform him later of our visit.”
When he looked at her with those big brown eyes, all she wanted was to be in his arms, safe and sound. But for some unknown reason, he was determined to keep her at arm’s length. They never discussed anything personal—that is, outside of End House or Oasis. But he seemed to care about her…and worry about her. When she got up from the table, she felt his eyes on her…following her…silently watching her.


No comments:

Post a Comment