Thursday, February 20, 2014

THE DEAD GAME -- DAY 71


























     Todd turned to the rest of the group, who were listening to his conversation with Sam. “Wait here for our return. There are to be no heroes today. You are to remain here and not step one foot outside this office.”
     “But I want to help…they are also my friends,” said Shana.  She crossed her arms across her chest.
     Sam walked over to her and gazed into her eyes. “I can’t do my job if I have to worry about you and your friends. Please wait here for us.”
     “I’ll wait.”
     Todd asked Linda, “Will you also promise to stay put?”
     “All right,” Linda replied.
     Todd stared at her to check if she was still angry with him, but she refused to look him in the face. How could he ever explain to her about his control over the stairs and the front door? He didn’t have time to deal with this now. He hurried to follow Sam out of the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment