Sunday, December 8, 2013

ARE YOU READY FOR THE SNOW?


I'm not ready for the snow. I'm trying to prepare myself with thoughts of white trees and grass, and picnics in the snow. I've never had a picnic in the winter and I don't know if I want to have one.

When the snow covers the earth, I like the quiet that envelopes everything. Before the cars and people come out, you can feel the quiet. No birds or sounds, just total quiet. And a whiteness like a clean blanket thrown over your little spot in the world. I could look forward to this.

When everything is quiet, you could hear yourself think. Feel yourself calm down. A reprieve from the hustle of everyday life. I guess we all could use the time to recharge our inner batteries.
So enjoy the snow and its special gift to you.







No comments:

Post a Comment