Sunday, July 20, 2014

5 STAR REVIEW OF THE DEAD GAME

 
 
5.0 out of 5 stars I'm very glad that I did, July 18, 2014
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Dead Game (Kindle Edition)
I'll start by disclosing a tendency to avoid books about vampires. I find most of them formulaic and written simply for the impact of describing horrific events. I see quite enough of that in my role as a private detective. But something about Suzanne's description of the book caught my attention and I decided to give it a read. I'm very glad that I did.

The writing is very well done and the pace of the book draws you in. You get to know a range of characters from the very beginning and spend the book getting to know them better and discovering their secrets. I enjoy books like that and I really enjoyed this one.

When I started reading it I was hopeful that it wouldn't turn out to be just another vampire book. I wasn't disappointed. Her description of the little town of Oasis made it come alive. The same is true about the characters in the book. I quickly got to the point where I could really see them.

The plot is very well done and every time you think you've got it figured out something happens that challenges that understanding. But none of the new developments seem out of character for the story. Rather they seem appropriate if occasionally astounding.

I don't like to give away plots so I'm not going to focus on the details but I can say this the book is a real page turner and well worth reading. I highly recommend it. Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment