Wednesday, September 16, 2015

THE FIRST THREE CHAPTERS OF 'THE DEAD GAME' ON PODCAST





The First Three Chapters Podcast – Weekly Excerpts From Great Books That You Probably Haven’t...
Download past episodes or subscribe to future episodes of The First Three Chapters Podcast – Weekly...
itunes.apple.com

 https://itunes.apple.com/…/tftc18-dead-game-by…/id984955338…


     I had the best surprise today. A fellow author had asked me if I would allow him to read my book on his podcast. I said, "sure." Many people have offered promotions but most don't turn into anything. This time it turned out better than any of my expectations.

     I never listened to a podcast before, so I didn't know what to expect. I tuned in. A man with a melodic voice and an English accent was speaking. He introduced himself. When I heard "The Dead Game by Susanne Leist," I felt tears spring to my eyes. I was so proud and also embarrassed.

     There I was, sitting alone in my house, embarrassed about someone reading my book. It's been hard enough to find friends and family members willing to read it, but having someone read it out loud was mind-boggling for me. I closed my eyes and listened.

     I  became the reader, listening to the story for the first time. By the changing tone of his voice, I was able to tell that he understood the feelings behind the words. He got it! No one was home. I couldn't yell out that someone was reading my book. I was bubbling over inside.

     Not only was I able to see the story through someone's eyes, I was able to detect the strengths and weaknesses in my writing. It's one thing to read the story out loud to yourself, but it's a whole other experience to have someone read it to you. I'm sure this experience will help to make me into a better writer. Thank you, Beren Hollins: Author, Podcaster.



No comments:

Post a Comment