Wednesday, September 30, 2015

OUR GAMES HAVE JUST BEGUN --- THE DEAD GAME --- PART 46



"Keep away from me!"
The evil face glares back at me
From high above.

Behind smokey clouds
It dares to hide.
Hiding its grinning stare.

I refuse to yield to its whims.
I refuse to walk the earth at night
Like The Dead and gone.

The edge of the beach lies ahead.
From there is no escape.
The raging ocean lies beyond.

A figure steps out from between the rocks.
A spray of waves highlights its bleak form.
I recognize the deep laughter.

Wolf steps into the moon's angry glare.
A crooked smile crossing his face.
"Did you miss me, my ice princess?"

Weariness and dread overcome me,
Chilling me to the bone.
I have no fight left inside.

Wolf lifts me in his muscled arms.
The winds swirl around our bodies.
A sandstorm whitens the beach and air.

All is gone in the mist and spray.
We're encased in our own private hell.
Wolf lowers his cold lips to mine.

OUR GAMES HAVE JUST BEGUN

THE DEAD GAME








No comments:

Post a Comment