Friday, September 4, 2015

OUR GAMES HAVE JUST BEGUN --- THE DEAD GAME ---PART 26



One more smack of my shovel
And the earth's slumber is cut short.
The ground rumbles and shakes,
Moving debris away from the fresh hole.

The trees step back in horror,
Removing their canopy of leaves.
The sun sneaks a peek into the abyss,
Where a door waits to be opened.

One more shake, rattle, and roll
And the door is lifted into standing position.
What was once below in the darkness 
Has now been moved above into the sunshine.

This door has powers not yet fully realized.
It has opened to fantasies and dreams
Of the fishermen and their families.
Offering them escape from violent attacks and storms.

It has also opened to trap our dear friends
In the dungeons below End House.
One step at a time I will take
Into the descending realms of the supernatural.

The coldness envelopes me with its cold breath.
Icy fingers run up and down my spine.
Dark shadows dart by too quickly to be seen.
But I know that I am not alone down here.

I huddle with my friends for warmth.
We walk as one down the corridors of time.
Life has no dominion down here.
Death is the ruler of the day.

A closed metal door stands before us.
This is the moment that makes or breaks heroes.
We are beyond any fear of consequences.
We've been through this too many times before.

OUR GAMES HAVE JUST BEGUN

THE DEAD GAME BY SUSANNE LEIST


 

No comments:

Post a Comment