Wednesday, September 2, 2015

OUR GAMES HAVE JUST BEGUN --- THE DEAD GAME --- PART 24


The moon brings darkness and shadows
To the streets of our small town.
Clouds cannot conceal its icy depths
As it stalks our every move.

Its glow has dimmed since he has been gone.
The winds have weakened their game.
They know their master has fallen.
The king has been checked and mated.

The wind flows through my hair like a soft caress.
Its salty breath fans my face.
A heart-felt sigh of despair and loneliness
That knows no bounds.

The sand cushions my uneven steps
As the moon lights my path.
The waves pick up the tempo
Of their beats against the shore.

Something is happening.
Things are changing.
The air feels alive.
It swirls around my feet.

I'm being held in place.
The sand holds me tight.
The moon moves into place.
The clouds are shoved away.

A figure rises with the waves.
Cascading water brings it ashore.
It stands before me,
Dark as the night.

It can't be.
But I can feel his essence anywhere.
Hard as ice,
But lit from within.

He is wearing a different casing.
One not as beautiful as before.
But as enticing to a human
As a rainbow in a blue sky.

I know that I'm dreaming.
But will I recognize him as Wolf?
Will I be drawn to him
In the light of day?

Only time will tell.

THE DEAD GAME
 






 

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment