Thursday, November 3, 2016

IDEAS THAT KEEP ME UP AT NIGHT

STAND ALONE



Humans tend to stick together
to form groups and cliques.
But what about those
who stand alone?
Who want to be different?
Who don’t want to be
part of a pack?
They stand alone.
They stand apart.
They become leaders.

NATURE’S WILL BE DONE



We fight nature’s will.
Ride its mighty waves.
Dig up its natural resources.
Cut down its plentiful trees.
Pollute its clear waters.
But will we ever have control?
Make it bow to our will.
Never.
Nature can never be tamed.
It will remain strong.
Long after we’re gone.

TICK TOCK



I see around the bend.
Life is about to end.
They might hide behind rocks.
But I know the clock tick tocks.
I don’t want it to be.
It’s the last day for me.
Source:

BLUE DEPTHS


BLUE DEPTHS
Falling to the deep.
I cannot find sleep.
I thrash in the cold.
In the devil’s hold.
Water covers my face.
A dark and creepy place.
I struggle for air.
Current takes my hair.
I’m drowning in my bed.
It is all in my head.

ALIVE


ALIVE
Our minds can soar
to the heavens above.
They can reach new heights
like the flight of a dove.
Imagination keeps us fresh.
Keeps our minds alive.
Don’t live your life
to barely survive.
Dream of fresh ideas.
New places to explore.
Ways to expand your knowledge.
Until you reach for more.

PERSEVERANCE



Our life takes its toll.
Our hope keeps us whole.
We persevere through pain.
But it’s not all in vain.
We hold our heads up high.
Continue with a sigh.
The flower fights winter cold.
And if I might be so bold.
We can fight our ills too.
Hold on to our hope too.

A HOUSE OF CARDS



A house of ice.
So very nice.
But it’s still unstable.
Like a shaky table.
Once the sun shows its hot face.
The house is a melted place.
Such can be a  house built on lies.
Useful as a horse catching flies. 
Once the lies are unsealed.
House of cards is revealed.
A house’s foundation must ring true.
It must be built to be strong & true.

No comments:

Post a Comment