Tuesday, November 1, 2016

A TOWN LOST

BRIGHT EYES


BRIGHT EYES
Bright eyes look out at me
from a jungle of trees.
Leaves rustle in the soft wind
or from some movement within.
I must get out of here.
I can not take this fear.
I am lost in the green see.
This isn’t where I want to be.
I left the party to open a closed door,
and here I am about to hit the floor.
I’m surrounded from each side.
There’s no place for me to hide.
A creepy plant is bowing to me.
It wants to take a bite out of me.
How did this party turn to hell?
I can now hear the dinner bell.
I’m sure it is ringing for me.
Dinner I will now come to be.

TRACKS



On the long journey of life, 
we leave our tracks for others to follow.

RED RED ROSE



I stand alone.
In armies of red.
To face the night.
While others are dead.
Come no closer.
Fear my open face.
Stay away from here.
But they quicken their pace.
Tomorrow will be here soon.
l am all that is left.
Bow your heads in prayer.
Thank the gods for the test.
THE DEAD GAME
Kindle
Nook

RIDE THE LINE


Source:

Ride the line.
Never crossing.
So tempting.
Keeping clear.
For now.

THE BARRIER


e n e r g y
A fence for protection.
To keep out the storm.
To keep us safe and dry.
But the winds growl in return.
Raising their heads in fury.
Rising to new heights.
To break the barriers.
They come with brute force.
THE DEAD GAME
Kindle
Nook
Source: 

A TOWN LOST


Source: 

Night drifts closer.
Black replaces blue.
Clouds fall slowly.
A dark day for you.
Green soaking pink.
Waves hit the shore.
I know what you think.
Evening coming too soon.
The truth may be hard to bear.
Our town has lost its yellow glow.
Night walkers are coming here.
A town lost to its deadly foe.
THE DEAD GAME
Kindle
Nook

No comments:

Post a Comment