Tuesday, November 1, 2016

DREAMS AND NIGHTMARES

A DEAD MAN’S DREAMS



Come inside.
A palace awaits you.
It might appear deserted.
Run down and unused.
The inside tells
a different story.
Walk on marble floors
through rooms of delight.
Rooms of different eras.
Reflecting a dead man’s dreams.
A man with no life or future.
Waiting for the end of time.
In a house fit for a prince
or a prince of darkness.
THE DEAD GAME
Kindle
Nook

A BLANKET OF RED


Nordic landscape
A blanket of red
covers the landscape.
Fragrant and soft
as it protects and serves.
A place of comfort
and a place to sleep.
A keeper of memories
of the lost tower.
What was once a stronghold
is now a carpet of beauty.

HIT ME HARD


Photographer Veselin Malinov captured this incredible shot of enormous waves along the coast of Portugal

Hit me hard.
Pummel my walls.
Reach my tower.
Dim my light.
But I still stand strong.
Wash away my tears.
Flood my floors.
Climb my sides.
But I still stand strong.
Darken the skies.
Blacken the night.
Moan in fury.
But I will always stand strong.

WELCOME THE CURIOUS



The cobblestones glisten
outside the dark cemetery.
Gravestones stand tall
in the heavy fog.
Moans sweep the winds
that rustle the lifeless trees.
A gate stands open
to welcome the curious.
Footsteps draw closer
to my hiding place.
A cloaked figure enters
the home of The Dead.
It enters a mausoleum
with an angel standing guard.
Goosebumps riddle my body
as I inch forward from my spot.
Dark shadows drift to the door
that the figure has left open.
I can’t stand the suspense any longer
and so I must follow their lead.
I must find the meeting place
of The Dead and gone.
THE DEAD GAME

TIME TO DANCE


Source:

Time to party.
The Dead can dance.
They fill the nights
with fun and music.
Cold to the touch.
Empty to their souls.
Following to a beat of their own.
Heartbeats of the warmblooded.
THE DEAD GAME

No comments:

Post a Comment