Wednesday, October 18, 2017

LOST AND ALONE


Lost & Alone


Lost and alone in my head,
Can’t fall asleep in my bed.
Waves crashing in my mind,
Pain is all I can find.
Take a walk on the beach I’m told
To clear the cobwebs from their hold.
But here I’m alone with the surf,
Lost and alone on my own turf.
The boat’s foghorn​ echoes my grief,
A loss profound beyond belief.
The soulful sound takes me away
To happier times I can say.
To times when you held me
And told me you loved me.
Those times are gone for good,
Forget I know I should.
At night when I close my eyes to sleep,
All I can see is our love so deep.
As hard as I might try,
I can’t let go and fly.
So here I walk on the beach,
Knowing you’re out of my reach.
But still, ​I yearn and burn
For a love, ​I can’t earn.

No comments:

Post a Comment