Sunday, August 21, 2016

NO SHELTER FROM THE STORM


The birds are watching.
They are waiting for night.
It will provide cover
for their flight over Oasis.
They will storm the Town Hall
with shrieks of glee.
Their bodies will transform into
creatures of hell.
There will be no shelter from this storm.
THE DEAD GAME by Susanne Leist
Kindle
Nook

THE GRIM REAPER

Something is waiting for me.
Outside my front door.
I can sense its presence.
Can it be death?
Am I ready for it?
No one can be ready.
It comes for us when
we are the least prepared.
If I shut the door,
will it go away?
It’s moving closer to the house,
smacking repeatedly against the window.
Bang.
Bang.
I peek out.
A branch from the tree
is waving in the breeze.
This time I was lucky.
What about the next time?
I better be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment