Sunday, August 21, 2016

A VACATION PARADISE






Pool

So alone.
Why can’t I enjoy the view.
Blue water cascading over rocks.
The smell of the sea in the air.
A vacation paradise.
My thoughts drift to happier times.
Times of parties and friends.
New acquaintances. 
New beginnings.
Where has it all gone?
Gone from my mind.
Gone from the town.
To be replaced by dark shadows.
I can feel them around me,
Lurking beyond the pool,
Waiting for the right moment to pounce.
I refuse to let them get me.
Not this time.
The water does look inviting;
To be cocooned in its warmth.
I feel wet.
I’m in the water.
I must have been pushed.
A chuckle drifts nearby,
Transforming into a hearty laugh.
Is it coming from the shadow above the rocks?
Did it push me in?
I close my eyes.
The warmth.
The safety.
Like a baby
Returning to the womb.
THE DEAD GAME 

No comments:

Post a Comment