Monday, October 19, 2015

THE DEAD GAME --- AN ISLAND ESCAPE


Take me away from a world without color,
A world where life is dull and grey.
I want to swim through the ocean's waves,
Where rainbows can frolic and play.

The sun's rays shimmer off the water,
Leaving trails of gold, yellow, and red.
Beacons of light for me to follow,
To a new land where to lay my head.

I fly through the rolling waves,
Touching down on a spot of land.
I am lifted by arms of fountains
And laid to rest on the pink sand.

Turtles scurry away from my hand.  
Birds fly around as they have fun.
The waves recede in their farewell dance,
Leaving me alone in the sun.

Who lives on this small island?
It's time for me to explore.
A hut of branches in a tree.
I must see if there is more. 

The steps are pretty steep,
I climb and step inside.
The room is small and dark.
Who knows what it may hide?

I hear footsteps from the room beyond.
They're coming closer to where I hide.
It's too late to run for the door,
I must face whoever is inside.

Todd saunters into the room.
Candles and two places set.
He throws me a big grin,
As if I am his prized pet.

We both wait in silence.
Todd slowly moves toward me.
"I hope you like my surprise."
I feel as cold as can be. 

I don't like surprises.
Especially from him.
He keeps me at arm's length,
Not letting me in.

I lower my eyes
From the fire in his eyes.
They're consuming me alive,
I'm burning up from his lies.

Todd makes an abrupt movement.
He strides across the room.
He kisses me with great passion
Under the blood red moon.


THE DEAD GAME

No comments:

Post a Comment