Friday, October 9, 2015

LOST AND ALONE IN MY HEAD



Lost and alone in my head,
Can't fall asleep in my bed.
Waves crashing in my mind,
Death is all I can find.

Take a walk on the beach I'm told
To clear the cobwebs from their hold.
But here I'm alone with the surf,
Lost and alone on my own turf.

The boat's fog horn echoes my grief,
A loss profound beyond belief.
The soulful sound takes me away
To times more happy I can say.

To times when you held me
And told me you loved me.
Those times are gone for good,
Forget I know I should.

At night when I close my eyes to sleep,
All I can see is our love so deep.
As hard as I might try,
I can't let go and fly.

So here I walk on the beach,
Knowing you're out of my reach.
But still I yearn and burn
For a love I can't earn.

No comments:

Post a Comment