Thursday, July 12, 2018

EVIL TWIN

Nomad


The light beckons to me,
Calls from deep in the sea.
I’m tempted you can see.
I do want to be free.

I step inside,
Nowhere to hide.
The walls move in.
It’s dark as sin.

A door opens right before me
To a sky as clear as can be.
People walk the streets.
Music throbs and beats.

It’s a town that resembles mine
With picturesque streets looking fine.
My friend stops to wave and walks to me.
I turn my gaze to the sand and sea.

How can this be?
This town can’t be.
A copy of my town.
I cannot help but frown.

As friends join the first,
My mind threatens to burst.
I can’t handle another dream.
It’s not as nice as it may seem.

My town has deadly powers buried inside
And now has an evil twin to join its side.
I cannot handle this anymore.
I had more than enough blood and gore.

The story continues in book two.

THE DEAD GAME by Susanne Leist

No comments:

Post a Comment