Wednesday, April 19, 2017

THE DEAD GAME


Rocking Chair



The tale told by Abe and Anna about vampires in their town of Oasis had terrified Linda and Shana. They didn’t know whom to believe or trust. A tour through Abe and Anna’s house confused them further.


Shana was quiet during the tour as she tried to absorb what she’d just heard. She understood that it made some kind of weird sense. But why was the rocking chair in the attic facing the deserted mansion? She’d heard about the evil in End House, but she’d always assumed that the mansion stood empty and didn’t have a wicked history attached to it.

Hurrying down the front steps, Shana said, “Now we have to visit that mansion and discover what’s hidden over there that is so important for Abe and Anna to watch over. And what did she mean about it being supposedly deserted? Either it was or it wasn’t.”
Linda shook her head. “This place terrified me. I don’t know if I can handle another one.”
“Nothing happened to us. It appears that Abe and Anna are good and are just trying to protect our town from evil vampires.”
“That means they’re vampires themselves. How could vampires be good? How could we trust them?” Linda paced up and down the road in frantic circles.
“You accept the fact that vampires exist, but yet you can’t decide whether to trust them or not? I’m still trying to wrap my mind around the existence of vampires,” Shana said with a dry chuckle.
“I’m happy you find this amusing.”
“We’ve witnessed supernatural events at End House, so why would believing in vampires be farfetched? We should just accept the possibility of their existence and continue on from there.”
“Okay, let’s visit our next place before I chicken out…I just hope that I won’t have to say ‘I told you so’ afterward.”

No comments:

Post a Comment