Thursday, September 2, 2021

MOONLIT FOREST


Walk with me through the moonlit forest.

Let our feet graze the tips of the grass,

Never touching the ground,

Held aloft by our love and passion.

Follow me through the endless night

To a land where no man walks.

Only creatures as dark as the sky

Dare to venture forth alone.

Love has no bounds or shackles.

We will be free to display our passion,

Without retribution from humanity,

As long as you remain mine.

Come with me, my ice princess.

Step award from the burning plains,

Where the heat burns your soles,

And love is hampered by the living.

Wolf extends his hand to me.

The words flow from him,

His lips never uttering a sound,

But his meaning is as clear as can be.

We can be together forevermore.

But the other has followed us to the clearing.

He will try to take me back,

And never release his hold.

His eyes burn red with passion.

Fire follows his footsteps,

Scorching a trail through the grass,

Melting his enemy’s cold trail.

They face each other.

Hot and cold from opposite poles,

Dueling until the end of time,

Both fighting for me.

Our games have just begun.

THE DEAD GAME

No comments:

Post a Comment