Friday, October 11, 2019

My Interview With E-Author Resources


Interview with Susanne Leist, Author of Prey for the Dead – Book Two of The Dead Game Series

Prey for the Dead LARGE (2)
Hello,
Today’s interview is with Susanna Leist, author of Prey for the Dead – Book Two of The Dead Game Series.
Please enjoy!
Best,
-Vincent Lowry

Interview
1) What is your author name and in what state do you live (or country if not in the US)?

Susanne Leist
New York

2) What is the title of your newest book and what is the genre?

Prey for The Dead, Book 2 of The Dead Game Series
Paranormal suspense

3) What is the book about?

Prey for The Dead is the second book in The Dead Game Series. My main character, Linda, and her friends find themselves faced with the return of The Dead vampires. These vampires aren’t as peaceful as the vampires living in Oasis, Florida. A love triangle develops where Linda is caught between a hybrid—half vampire and half man—and a vampire. Their adventures take them to an exclusive club in Disney World and the swamps of southern Florida to defeat the evil vampires.

4) Where did you come up with the idea?

Vampires living in Florida came from my overactive imagination.

5) How long did it take you to write it?

The book took me a year to write, a year for others to proofread, and six months for me to edit.

6) Did you learn anything from the project?

My publisher edited my first book, The Dead Game. I used the ProWriting Aid program to edit my second book, Prey for The Dead. The program gave a more comprehensive edit than the Outskirts Press’ editor. I felt confident enough to send my book for a Kirkus Review. The reviewer liked the story and the supernatural mystery. 

7) Do you have an author website and/or blog? How about a book video?

My author website is https://www.susanneleist.com/

I have book trailers. My newest one is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pILNxaD5XlI


8) Do you have any success tips to pass on to fellow authors? How about any great editors/cover artists?

My best tip for a new author is to have your promotions prepared in advance before you launch your book. I learned this from experience.

9) What genres do you like to read? Are you open to reading new authors and reviewing their work?

I read all genres. I don’t stick to the same authors. I enjoy reading books written by different authors.

10) What is your favorite book of all time and why?

My favorite is And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. This book led me to read mysteries, and it set my expectations for future books. For me to enjoy a book, it must have plenty of twists and turns. Thank you, Agatha Christie.

11) Fun Question: Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?

I have a Maltese. His name is Nounous, which means a teddy bear in French. My daughter gave him his name.

12) Fun Question 2: Do you own an electronic reading device? If so, what kind and how do you like it?

I own a kindle, but I read e-books on my computer. I prefer paperback books.

No comments:

Post a Comment