Monday, February 18, 2019

Quirky Questions with Susanne Leist



The Dead Game by [Leist, Susanne]

And the links:
Twitter: @SusanneLeist
Now some questions!
Good day, Susanne! How did you meet your best friend? (Animals count here!)
I walked into Shake A Paw with my older daughter, Stephanie. At the time, she was searching for a summer job. The store wasn’t hiring, but of course, we checked out the puppies. The bin of Maltese puppies drew our eyes. They were white fluff balls of fur. We bent over to pet them, and one came to us right away. He was larger than the others because he was two months older. He had hernia surgery. His black marbles for eyes were huge as he stared into mine. I knew I had to have him. We resisted bringing him home with us. I called my husband and told him about the puppy. He said he didn’t want a dog, but we can go back to look at him with my younger daughter. I took it as a sign that he caved. 
We returned with my daughter, Ashley. She loved him. We decided he would be her Sweet Sixteen present. We paid for him, loads of supplies, and a cage.
In the evening, my husband came home and was surprised to see Nounous. The name was my daughter’s idea. It’s French for a teddy bear. Another long story. He threatened to throw him to the street. But now he loves Nounous as much as we do.
Nounous is my best friend. He follows me everywhere, sits with me while I write, and sleeps beside me. You can’t ask for a better best friend.
Aw, I love fluff ball stories! What is something you’ve always wanted to try but have been too scared to?
I know this one. I’ve always wanted to write. After I finished graduate school, I had an interview with Standard & Poor for a position involving financial commentary. There would be a test with typing. At that time, I typed slow. I was afraid I couldn’t type fast enough to keep up with the other entrants. I didn’t apply for the job. I regretted it. Twenty years later, I discovered that I love to write and typing improves through practice. If only I had known.
And now you’ve written a book! Congratulations! In your opinion, what is the best Disney animated movie?
I have always loved Cinderella. A love story where a girl rises above bad conditions in life to find lasting love. I’m a romantic at heart.
Bibadee bobadee boo! On a scale of 1-5, how afraid of the dark are you?
This is a loaded question for me. My mother was blind with a rare disease. She became blind by the time I was born. When I was young, I didn’t know her blindness was recessive. I feared that one day I would also lose my sight. In later years, I learned that her parents were first cousins and passed the gene to her. Even though I know I won’t go blind, the dark terrifies me, which is strange since I write vampire suspense. 
Perhaps the writing is therapeutic to your fears? Favorite age you’ve been so far?
At twenty-two, I graduated from college and was excited to begin my career. It was a year before my brother was in a car accident. The next two years, he spent in a coma before passing away. So, life was still good for me that year.
I’m so sorry for your loss! Thank you for sharing with us! What animal-person are you?
I used to be a cat-person when I had cats. Now I’m a dog lover. We have a dwarf bunny, and I love Thumper. I’m an animal person, who loves all animals.
So on that note, answer me this: Never trust a person who doesn’t like…
Don’t trust a person who doesn’t like animals.
Agreed! Thank you, Susanne, for letting some of the quirky out! Support Susanne by buying, reading, and reviewing! And if you love fluff ball stories, too, come back next week for another quirky interview!
Happy reading! 🙂

Quirky Questions with Susanne Leist

No comments:

Post a Comment