Wednesday, February 13, 2019

LOVE ME




“Love me,”
the sign calls in the night.
“Come inside,”
the open door suggests.
“Pull up a chair,”
the seat shifts to the side.
I sit and wait.
Soft strains of music
waft through the room.
The door to the kitchen opens.
“Hello, my darling,”
the man says with a wink.
My mouth drops open.
He walks closer.
The music quickens its pace.
“What is this?”
I ask.
Handsome in a suit and tie,
he drops onto one knee.
In his right hand, a black box.
My hands cover my mouth.
He offers the box.
I take it with trembling fingers.
Inside, sits a diamond ring.
I stare into my love’s eyes.
He quirks an eyebrow.
I nod my head.
No words are needed.
He places the ring on my finger.
I’m in his arms.
Where I will remain
for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment