Wednesday, May 4, 2016

FEAR AND HOPE

THE TOWER



A tower slim and tall.
What evil might befall?
I could now climb up there.
Without a thought or care.
It’s narrow and dark inside.
And nowhere at all to hide.
The windows let in some light.
But not much up to this height.
I’ve finally reached the top room.
I feel like I’m about to swoon.
I climbed the steep stairs much too fast.
I’m happy I’ve left this to last.
White dust covers the floor.
There seems to be much more.
Skulls and bones are in the middle.
I’m now in a pretty pickle.
If I don’t leave here fast.
I’ll be part of the past.
A shadow rises in the room.
The end has come for me too soon.

THE DARK




A light shines into my room.
What was dark is now light.
The spotlight has hit its mark.
My body cold and shivering on the bed.
Whispers fill the night air.
Footsteps follow in their wake.
Doors open down below.
It is too late to run or hide.
Too late to save myself from him.
He walks the night to find me.
His journey has come to an end.
And so has mine.
THE DEAD GAME

HAPPY AS A CLAM


Foam Lady by Andrea_Izzotti



I’m happy as a clam in the sea.
Why don’t you come in and join me?
The water is cold and so fine.
Come and be a new friend of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment