Tuesday, April 26, 2016

THE LIGHTHOUSE





THE LIGHTHOUSE“Come back to me my sweet.Take a break from the heat.An afternoon in a cool retreat.We could make our own special heat.”The wood door rattles and creaks open wide.I hesitate before I walk inside.The small room is as dark as night.I begin to tremble with fright.Maybe I should leave this place.The door slams shut in my face.I hear the voice in the airTelling me, “what fair is fair.”I intruded on this secret roomAnd so I won’t be leaving too soon.


“Come back to me my sweet.
Take a break from the heat.
An afternoon in a cool retreat.
We could make our own special heat.”

The wood door rattles and creaks open wide.
I hesitate before I walk inside.
The small room is as dark as night.
I begin to tremble with fright.

Maybe I should leave this place.
The door slams shut in my face.
I hear the voice in the air
Telling me, “what fair is fair.”

I intruded on this secret room
And so I won’t be leaving too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment