Tuesday, April 26, 2016

DARKNESS DESCENDS


14




DARKNESS DESCENDS
 
With a defiant roar,
Darkness descends this night.
Slithering through the grass,
It prepares for the fight.

A fight to the death for some;
Others a fight for what’s right.
The town waits with bated breath,
Sides position for the fight.

The evil one leads the way,
A greater force held at bay.
Wolf walks into the clearing,
Soon others will join the fray.

He has come for me this night,
A shadowy form flits by.
It takes on his dreaded form,
Scooping me up to the sky.

We fly high above it all,
Rooftops passing in a rush.
I soon find myself falling
And landing on a thick bush.

I wake up in my own bed,
Happy I’m alive and free.
I fear for the dreaded night
When Wolf does come for me.

THE DEAD GAME

No comments:

Post a Comment