Wednesday, February 1, 2023

A DARKNESS TO MY SOUL

 I am not a poet or claim to be one, but poetry has been an outlet for my feelings, and I will share a few with you.

 WASH AWAY MY PAIN

Please wash away my sorrow and pain.
Let it flow down the streets with the rain,
Dissolved in torrents of despair and sadness,
Joining others on their way past the madness.


The ocean may take it far away,
To places we cannot even say
,
Where no one recognizes its sting
Or knows the infliction it can bring.

Let the rain grow harder with its might,
Becoming hail on this fateful night.
I want to be free of all traces
Of unwanted feelings and faces.

My body grows cold from the rain.
I stand clean and free from the pain.
Shivers create a path down my spine
As I wait in the dark woods of pine.


I hold my head high to the wet spray.
It becomes a mist of blue and gray.
The faucet has been
 turned off for the night,
Leaving me feeling clean and all right.

MURDERS AND LOVERS

I don’t need to fight the snowdrifts.

I’ll stay inside with the misfits.

The ones who prefer books

that grab you with their hooks.

The fire is getting low

as the strong winds begin to blow.

I snuggle farther beneath the covers

as I read about murders and lovers.

SOLITUDE

A rare commodity is solitude.

It can be easily misunderstood.

To be all alone with no one else around.

You can do this in the air or on the ground.

You can sail off in the blue sea,

Or hop on a plane without me.

We can all use some time alone

Without T.V. or telephone.

Time to think about your goal.

You will come back feeling whole.

A Darkness To My Soul

The black abyss grabs hold,

Taking me to its soul.

Reflections of hell and beyond,

Pushing me deep and far.

Away from the light of day,

I have no need to pray.

Take me to the bottom,

Where no human has tread.

Away from humanity and light,

I have made my dark bed.

CLOSER TO THE BLUE

Puffy clouds appear far and few

In the aqua sky, so brand new.

I sink deeper into the white sand,

My heart beats like a marching band.

If I close my eyes tight,

will I see paradise this night?

It takes me back to the time

When everything had been fine.

Fantasy, I beseech thee.

Return me so I can roam free.

Take me back to the shore.

Where I’d been happy before.

SING ME A SONG

Sing me a song.

Write a melody

Of times gone by

And moments lost in time.

Stroke the keys.

Massage the ivories.

Raise your voice high

So I can hear your words.

Words of hope and loss.

Sing them loud and clear.

Stories of faraway places

And times that are gone.

I close my eyes.

I can hear your words.

I see your fingers as they

Glide across the keys.

The words take flight.

They reverberate through time.

They leave your lips

And land on mine.

A sweet melody

To soothe my advancing years.

A pretty song

To fill my empty heart.

WHITE BLANKET

Look to the glowing skies,

Magic before my eyes.

Snow flutters to the ground

Without even a sound.

Masking the dirt with white,

So pretty and so bright.

I hope it can remain this way,

A blanket for one more day.

Thank you for joining me as I shared a sample of my poetry. I hope you enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed composing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment