Sunday, November 14, 2021

AN ISLAND ESCAPE

 

An Island Escape

Take me from a world without color,
where life can be dull and grey.
I want to swim through the ocean’s waves,
where rainbows frolic and play.

The sun’s rays shimmer on the water,
leaving trails of gold, yellow, and red.
Beacons of light for me to follow,
to a new land where to lay my head
.

Who lives on this small island?
It’s time for me to explore.
I see a hut of branches.
I must see if there is more
.

I walk across the pale pink sand
to the small hut and step inside.
The room is dark, without windows.
I check to see what it may hide.

A man saunters into the room.
At the table, places are set.
He turns to me with a huge grin,
as if I am his new prized pet
.

He makes an abrupt movement
and strides across the dark room.
He kisses me with cold passion
under the blood-red moon.

I swam across the ocean

to find a new shore.

But here I am again

in his arms once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment