Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Battle for Oasis


Let the darkness lull me to sleep,
with dreams of red sunsets.
Clouds drifting on cotton balls,
encircling me with their softness.

Let the moon’s face shine on me,

making me feel safe and secure.      
The stars twinkle in merriment,
ready to tackle the night.

The day brings a new enemy

to our peaceful shore.
A dark kingdom will rise up,
a new kingdom for The Dead.

A hooded figure approaches me,
his gait slow and sure.
He slowly pulls back his hood
to reveal the creature beneath.

“You have waited for me, dear one.
I will have my ice princess at my side.” 
Wolf quickens his stride to reach me,
But I turn my face away.

I peek through my eyelashes

At his beautiful face.
He abruptly turns around

To summon his army.

Over his shoulder he whispers,
“I’m so sorry you will
fall in battle like the others.
Goodbye, my ice princess.”

What form will Wolf take on in book 2?
You will soon find out.

THE DEAD GAME      

No comments:

Post a Comment