Thursday, August 17, 2017

Introducing SusanneLeist, Author of The Dead Game



Life As You Know It Blog presents:

Hello, bloggers!
It’s another grand week, which means we are shining some light on some more fabulous guests! Today, I would like to introduce you to Susanne Leist, Author of THE DEAD GAME.

Profile photo
I’ve always been an avid reader. About ten years ago, I decided to write my first book. I grew up on Agatha Christie and Sherlock Holmes, but the supernatural called to me and enticed me. I wanted to write a book with all the sarcasm and wit of the TV show, Supernatural, the mystery of a classic murder mystery, and the sensational thrills of the TV show, The Originals. I sat down with these goals in mind and wrote, The Dead Game.
*  *  *
book banner
THE DEAD GAME– A short Synopsis
Linda moves to a small town to live a quieter and simpler life. She opens a bookstore and makes new friends. Life is simple–that is until the dead body washes up on shore. Linda is horrified to find out dead bodies and disappearing tourists are common for this town. As soon as the sun sets, she and her friends are stalked by dark shadows. But this is only the beginning.
Linda and her group receive an unsigned invitation to a party at the deserted house on the hill. They are afraid of the unfriendly hill residents, who only venture out of their homes at night. They attend the party. They are pursued through revolving rooms and dangerous traps, barely escaping with their lives. Two of their own remain trapped in the house. Or so they think.
The Dead Game has begun.
*  *  *
I wrote a poem for my book. I spent eight years writing The Dead Game. It deserves its own poem…
ODE TO MY BOOK
Nothing can be as fine
As the dear book of mine.
It might not be sold in a big bookstore,
But you will not find one to offer more.
It was created with much love and hope,
Even though it wasn’t blessed by a Pope.
It has my blood, sweat, and tears.
Might raise many of your fears.
It has action, murder, and romance.
I can even do a little dance.
Please try it and you’ll see
It has the best of me. 
*  *  *
I was trained as a Financial Analyst. I have an M.B.A. in Finance. What made me decide to give this up and pursue a writing career? A feeling deep inside.
I have a poem that describes my journey…
TO BE OR NOT TO BE

To be or not to be a writer.

This has been the hardest question for me.
Should I continue with my pursuit,
Or step away and claim defeat?
One book has been written.
One book is being sold.
It dances around on Amazon and Nook.
It reaches new heights in its niche
And then slowly bows its head in silence.
The highs feel good and lofty,
While the lows feel depressing and sad.
Is it worth it? 
I am told that a writer must keep writing.
More books to dance around.
More highs and lows.
Should I keep doing this?
Will I keep doing this? 
Yes, for now
As I wait for the next high. 
*  *  *
What can I say about my book? I have a poem…
MY BEAUTIFUL TOWN
Oh, beautiful town of mine,
With beaches and white sand so fine.
Views to take your breath away,
For this, tourists want to pay.
Oasis, a perfect name for you,
Waving palm trees and skies so blue. 
But come night bets are off,
Once The Dead chop heads off.
I don’t want to move from here,
But I can’t live with this fear.
Please help rid the town of The Dead,
Then I could sleep safely in my bed.
*  *  * 
One more poem, before I say goodbye…
From under the sea,
they have come for me.
Rising from the deep
they come when I sleep.
Through the small town, they roam
looking for a new home.
Blending with tourists at day
but at night they get to play.
Blood-thirsty as they are
they don’t have to go far.
They take sustenance within reach
leaving dead bodies on the beach.
Tourists flee the hotel
before they’re doomed to hell.
The evil one walks tall.
Our town will surely fall.
THE DEAD GAME
*  *  *
THESE ARE MY LINKS:
Come and join me.
Thank you, for joining me today. You’re invited to visit my sites and blogs, and of course, to purchase my book.
*  *  *

THE DEAD GAME

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Please help in supporting Susanne with likes, shares, and comments. And don’t forget to check out her book!!
Until next time……………………………………Stay Creative!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment