Thursday, September 3, 2015

OUR GAMES HAVE JUST BEGUN --- THE DEAD GAME --- PART 25



Hit me in the face with your bruising fingers.
Drown out my screams with your unearthly howl.
Throw me face first into the sand with your anger.
But I will not give up on my quest for the truth.

The world has turned upside down on its axis.
Nature lies in the hands of The Dead and gone.
The wind stakes its claim with its leafy fingers.
Thunder and lightning follow close in its wake.

What was once an oasis now stands ready for battle.
Ready to erase mankind from its memory.
Evil walks with the moon and stars.
It frolics in the dark waters of the night.

Leaves break free to dance in the moonlight
To the moaning melody of the thrashing winds.
The waves rise in prayer for the their leader,
Who has returned to wage the final battle.

Wolf has appeared in my nightly dreams.
This time I will resist his deadly charms.
I refuse to join in his quest to destroy mankind.
I will never bow down to him as ruler.

The forest forms a tighter ring around me.
Tall trees bearing down on me from all sides.
They block out the sun's face from me,
Allowing the moon full reign.

End House has stood on this desolate spot.
Now overgrown with weeds and rocks.
I must find the door buried below
Before more of Wolf's kind can enter our world.

The ground withstands my shovel's strikes,
Protecting the treasure hidden below. 
Tunnels of darkness extend beneath the forest,
Hiding tales of murder and revenge.

Sounds of footsteps echo in my ears.
Shadows fall upon the dug up dirt.
They continue to advance and multiply around me.
I am no longer alone in my own shadow.

The shovel trembles in my shaking fingers.
One last swipe before I give up my task.
I look up to find familiar faces.
Faces of my friends who've come to help.

OUR GAMES HAVE JUST BEGUN

THE DEAD GAME

 











 








No comments:

Post a Comment