Tuesday, June 23, 2015

WHY DO WE WRITE?



WHY DO WE WRITE?

Why do we dream?
Our minds want more.
We want to explore the world.
We want to explore the unknown.

If we can't fulfill our dreams in our daily lives,
Then we can fulfill them in our writing.
We can write short stories and novels
About evil creatures and deadly games.

That is exactly what I have done.
I picked an exotic locale.
I picked Florida.
Not exactly exotic but it has palm trees.

I grew up in a big city
But always wanted to live in a small town.
I created a small town
And called it, Oasis.

I created the main character to be me.
I love books and bookstores.
The main character moves to Oasis
And opens a bookstore/coffee shop.

You get the idea.
The main character, Linda,
Is living my dream life.
She makes friends and is happy.

Then my mind turns darker.
Life is too good for Linda.
I create a dark life for Oasis.
At night, the town turns deadly.

The wealthy residents live in a forest.
They come out at night.
Do you see where this is going?
If not, you can always read The Dead Game.

I finally got my small town
By the shore,
Where fantasies come true,
And some just don't.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment