Sunday, November 30, 2014

TRICK OF THE NIGHT

sikmsonikhayaller:
¥
Night stretches long and silent.
The wind is blowing outside.
Can’t sleep.
Can’t close my eyes.
My eyes can’t stop watching
the dark shadows on the walls.
Shadows that move and sway
with the growing wind.
What is making these shadows?
What is outside my window?
I peek out and see flying branches
and leaves that
take on eerie shapes.
Some resemble bats, while others
take on the form of birds.
One minute they’re here, and the next,
they’re gone.
Should I be afraid?
Should I hide in my room?
Or should I venture outside
to check out the strange shadows?
Maybe I’ll close my eyes and try
to fall asleep.
My imagination could have been working over-time.
But wait! A dark figure is at my window, trying
to get inside. Is it human? It has no face.
Only a shadow in the wind.
So many shadows in the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment