Friday, August 1, 2014

I LOVE THIS REVIEW OF THE DEAD GAME

Who knew that a 4 star review could be so good?
 
 
 
4.0 out of 5 stars Fast pace, action pace full or horror, June 29, 2014
This review is from: The Dead Game (Kindle Edition)
Although this is not my normal genre I found this to be a delightful read. If you are into bleeding walls, cages in the sky, saws coming at you, doors that disappear and reappear. This is the book for you, nothing is as it seems, nor are the people. The book is full of full of mystery and kept me guessing as to what was going on and why from vampires to ghost.

The author knows how to tell a story with twist and turns you won’t see coming. She sure has a head full of imagination that will keep you on your toes. This book is full of mystery, action and is very fast pace from the get go the author grabs your attention and keeps your heart pounding while trying to work out just what is happening and why.

Just to give you a taste of this author: “The skeleton began to bleed, a little at first, and then gushing blood from the deep gash in its bones from the long, serrated silver knife sticking out.” This is just in the first part of the book.

The setting is in a small sweet town that you will fall in love with. You won’t be there long until you start feeling uneasy. One ghost house, where an invite is sent out only to the young why only the young you ask, I guess you will have to read it to find out the answer to that. People do not look their ages, no one is talking and you have lots of question. If you are smart you will keep to yourself, not ask question and don’t you dare go to that party.

The author’s style is easy to follow as she walks you through the unexplained deaths, while the characters uncover the town's dark secret as they play the game and become the pawns in the devils games. The author packs a lot in this book in a short time but it is not rushed. She leads you through many twist and turns as she takes you on the ride of your life. For me the book was more of a horror read. As a book it was well written and a story it was outstanding if you are into this genie which I am not. Oh I promise if you like this kind of book you are in for the ride of your life with from an author who knows her stuff.

To be honest I didn’t expect to like this read since it isn’t in my genie but I found it to be a wonderfully well written, fast pace mystery. My hats off to the author for not only keeping my attention, but for keeping me on the edge of my seat.

I would definitely recommend this book to any fan of horror, if you're into vampires, demons etc or just like some gruesome reading you are going to love this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment