Monday, June 2, 2014

MY INTERVIEW WITH JOHN TUCKER

John Tucker, a fellow author, interviewed me on his blog. It feels great to have your face pop on a blog. http://johntuckermustlive.wordpress.com/

Thank you, John Tucker.

BLOG INTERVIEW # 5 — With Susanne Leist

ImageToday I’m talking with a Masters Of Darkness alumni – Susanne Leist. She’s an interesting woman with a bright career ahead of her. Here’s her Bio from the Amazon Author Page.  Read on and take a look into the mind of a fellow writer ~~~
*
Susanne Leist graduated with an MBA in finance. Her life has led her through the hectic commodities market and the number-crunching field of budgeting, but she always continued to read and daydream…which ultimately led to the fulfillment of her dream to put one of her stories on paper for everyone to enjoy. She currently lives on Long Island with her husband, two daughters, and Maltese dog.
*
*
INTERVIEW
*
*
The Dead Game is your debut novel.  Describe what the reader is in for in two sentences or less? 
*
The Dead Game is supernatural thriller like no other. Linda and her friends must face murder, stalking, and unnatural creatures to find their lost friends and the evil one controlling their once peaceful, seaside town.
*
Your Facebook page indicates you’re a dyed-in-the-wool New Yorker and proud of it. What’s your favorite borough and why?
*
My favorite borough is Brooklyn. Why? That’s where I grew up. My section, Sheepshead Bay, has beaches, a bay for docking boats, and small neighborhood stores. It’s a small town in a big city.
*
What’s your new project, what’s it about, and when should we expect to see it?????
*
I am currently writing the sequel to The Dead Game. The first book ties up all the mysteries and loose ends, except for one. This loose end will be explored and resolved in the second book.
*
The Seven Deadly Sins have been around since time began. Which one is your own personal downfall and which would you be the least likely to do?
*
This is a hard question. The least likely one for me would be Wrath. I don’t have an uncontrollable temper or anger. I would never hurt myself or anyone on purpose.
Sloth would be the easiest for me do. Who doesn’t like being lazy at times? I usually feel this way when I have to cook or clean the house.
*
You’ve been married for Thirty years. What’s your secret for staying together in this age of disposable marriages?
*
I can’t believe you counted the number of years I’ve been married. I don’t even keep track anymore. It’s like my age, where I’m stuck on one year and my mind refuses to count forward anymore.
Marriage takes perseverance and loyalty. It also requires a lot of patience and hearing the same stories over and over again.
*
Your debut novel – The Dead Game – is an entertaining read that mixes different genres – supernatural/mystery/romantic relationships – effortlessly. How long did The Dead Game take from idea to reality?
*
I actually worked on this book for six years. I had a plot and loads of ideas. Once I sat down to write, the book took on a life of its own. I kept to the plot but my mind added tangents and twists. I had to make sure the clues and story line followed each other.
After the book was written, I edited and re-edited until it was fine-tuned and ready to be published. The self-publisher edited it but I continued to self edit after it was published. I used readers’ and reviewers’ suggestions and criticisms to make changes.
It was a long and arduous process.
*
Would you say you are more of a pet/animal lover or a nature enthusiast?
*
This question is easy for me. I love animals—all animals. I’ve had cats but now I have a Maltese. He’s my pride and joy and my best friend.
*
That’s our interview. Be sure to check out The Dead Game below and grab a book that will grab you. Only 99 CENTS !!!
*
*
THE DEAD GAMEImage
*
SYNOPSIS
*
Linda moves to a small town to live a quieter and simpler life. She opens a bookstore and makes new friends. Life is simple–that is until the dead body washes up on shore. Linda is horrified to find that dead bodies and disappearing tourists are common for this town. As soon as the sun sets, she and her friends are stalked by dark shadows. But this is only the beginning. Linda and her group receive an unsigned invitation to a party at the deserted house on the hill. They are pursued through revolving rooms and dangerous traps, barely escaping with their lives. Two of their own remain trapped in the house. Or so they think. To save themselves and the town, they must reveal the true face of evil–the one controlling the game and its elusive players.
The Dead Game has begun.
*
*
*
*
RANDOM REVIEW
*
5.0 out of 5 stars Great Escape October 2, 2013
By Ellen Frank  Format:Paperback|Verified Purchase
The Dead Game is a spooky romance, similar to Twilight. Suzanne Leist creates a tale of suspicion, strange happenings, mysterious disappearances and romantic entanglements in this thriller. The book begins with the story of End House, a haunted mansion that has not been occupied for five years. Linda is a new resident of Oasis. She is warned of the stories behind End House and the mysterious deaths which have occurred in the past, but the stories do not stop her from trying to solve the mystery behind the town. If you love vampire mysteries, are looking for a great escape and want to explore the virtual reality of Oasis without becoming a victim, then you’ll love this book!!!
*
*
LINKS —–
*

No comments:

Post a Comment